This Halloween we take you back to the 90s. We've handpicked a few 90s pop culture icons that would make dressing up super easy. Think: Spice Girls; Romy and Michele from Romy and Michele's High School Reunion; Tia Landry and Tamera Campbell from Sister, Sister, Will and Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air; Alex Mack from The Secret World of Alex Mack; Clarissa Darling from Clarissa explains it all; and Cory, Shawn and Topanga from Boy Meets World.
Since the 90s, fashion trends have always existed, such as mini back bags, chunky sneakers , necklaces and bucket hats - it's refreshingly easy to transform your wardrobe into the perfect 90s Halloween costume. Got a pair of bike shorts and a crewneck sweatshirt? You are now Princess Diana. Sweatpants, a crop top and your favorite pair of sneakers? You're a master of spicy sports style.
Whether you're a millennial longing for your younger days or a zoomer who has it all. 90s, we've got the Halloween costumes that will make you the sexiest person at the party. From TV shows and movies to the biggest musical acts of the era, read on to discover loads of iconic 90s pop culture costumes that will make your Halloween a blast.
90s Halloween Costumes: Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus
- What to Wear for Winifred: Long Green Dress, Big Red Hair, and Central Shaft of Red Lipstick and lower lips. She carries a broom.
- What to wear for Maria: a red robe and tunic, wild hair and a sly smile. She carries a vacuum cleaner.
- What to wear for Sarah: Low-cut dress and purple robe, long blonde hair tied back and choker. Bring a mop.
- How to behave: Mean, sadistic and a bit silly (if you're Sarah). Make kids laugh and make fun of them.
90s Halloween Costumes: The Addams Family Wednesday Addams
- What to wear: Black long-sleeved dress, black tights, and white collared shirt. Use makeup or powder to lighten your skin as much as possible.
- How to deal: Make smart, sarcastic comments and refuse to smile.
Stilettos.What to wear with Ginger: A Union Jack mini dress and matching platform shoes.
- What to wear with Sporty: Sports bra, removable pants, and sneakers gymnastics.
- What to wear for Scary: Anything with leopard print, high heels, and curly hair tied back.
- What to wear for your child: A pink dress and shoes with wedge with a choker and braids.
- How to act: as if you want to throw your body and roll everything up.
90s Halloween Costumes: Daria's Jane and Daria
- What to Wear for Jane: Hard Black Square, Red Jacket, Black and White V-Neck and gray shorts with black leggings and army boots.
- What to wear for Daria: round glasses, mustard yellow shirt under a green jacket and black pleated skirt. Army boots, lace up.
- How to act: How to get mad you missed a Sick Sad World marathon at that boring party.
90s Halloween Costumes: Dionne and Cher from Clueless
- What to Wear for Cher: Yellow Plaid Skirt and Matching Blazer, White Blouse with Black Mary Jane Buttons high socks and shoes.
- What to wear for Dionne: A black and white checked skirt with matching blazer, white button up blouse and high black leather Mary Jane socks and a giant plastic hat. Plus, long braids.
- How to act like you're the most popular girl at the party. Watch out for Balduino. Avoid Barneys.
90s Halloween Costumes: Romy and Michele from Romy and Michele's high school reunion
- What to wear for Michele: A gorgeous pink dress with feathers and rhinestones . This should include a high half ponytail, pink platform heels, pink purse, and choker.
- What to wear for Romy: A super short sparkly blue spandex dress with silver heels.
- Do it like this: be proud that you invented sticky notes.
90s Halloween Costumes: "Sister, Sister" Tia Landry and Tamera Campbell
- What to Wear: Wear patterned tights and pantyhose, and 90s shorts at high-waisted with matching denim vests, an oversized shirt and a pair of wide-brimmed hats.
- How to act: Tia is the one who can read, a little edgy. Tamera is crazier, but the two should tell everyone, "Go home, Roger."